• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

504 Gateway timeout after php settings changes

Edi Duluman

Basic Pleskian
Hello guys ! This has happened to me twice now, once yesterday, once today.

I'm not really sure ( will try again later and will come in with an update ) but yesterday I had no clue what happened. So the server is all working fine, I go into Plesk, do some PHP performance settings, change the upload maximum size value, ( you can do whatever setting you want ).

The expected behaviour is the server will restart it's services so PHP settings take place, and then everything should be back to normal after the sync is finished.

What happens instead is that while Plesk dashboard is fine, the websites are not working anymore, you get a nginx 504 gateway timeout.

uk1goRv.png

I didn't know what caused that first time but the second time, only thing I did was this, I'll try again in a few. The "workaround" for this issue is to reboot the server from within the dashboard, then everything is fine again.

LATER EDIT:
I have just changed some permissions for a subscription plan, it finished syncing, again, the websites return a gateway timeout. Restarted server again, worked wonders. Must be some service not working properly ( I thought it may be php servers, restarted them , does not do anything, will try restarting the apache next time, see if it has any impact ).

Last edited:
Back