• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.

Joe Storm

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am very new to Plesk and Windows Server.

All users created in Plesk control panel CAN access FTP and connect to the domain folders.
In IIS Sites>192.168.xx.xx (Default Ftp Site) which is binding to port 21, the FTP Physical path is pointing to "C:\Inetpub\vhosts\Servers\6" and the localuser folders is only those users created through Plesk.

But the problem is those users created in Windows Server (Server Manager > Local Users and Groups) and the default user (before installing Plesk) cannot connect to FTP with the error message :

"530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible."

I am trying to understand how Plesk FTP affects the default MSFTP users (those not created under Plesk). Why only users created out of Plesk cannot access FTP? Has it anything to do with Active Directory? I read somewhere Plesk restrict users of AD, etc...

What is the cause and how do I fix this problem?

1) Check whether you are using active directory or not. If so please use FTP username as hostname\ftp_username (open cmd and run hostname to get the hostname of the server)
2) Checked the number of characters in your hostname, if it is more than 15 characters. Change the hostname to one it has less than 15 char

3) Check the physical path for FTP sites in IIS > Web sites > IP address > Basic settings > Physical Path. This should be part of FTP_ROOT_D from the previous step.

4) Verify that the system user folder (FTP user) of a subscription exists in the FTP site path (see Cause). For example, C:\inetpub\vhosts\Servers\8\localuser\system_user\domain.tld\. If it does not, find a folder which contains this folder, for example C:\inetpub\vhosts\Servers\7\, and change the Physical Path accordingly.

Also check the issue with the kb http://kb.odin.com/en/124094

Back