• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local

AtefehH

New Pleskian
Hello

I have a plesk 11.0.9 on a windows server 2008 R2 which has MailEnable. One of my customers faced a problem to send emails from one of his local mailboxes to another of his local mailboxes! He got this error:
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached
Server error: '550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local'

But we are sure the recipient mailboxes exist and work fine!
Any Suggestion?

P.S:
I checked this link:
http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Article.asp?ID=me020476
It dosen't work for this case.

Hello,

Sometime plesk disables the mailboxes. To fix the issue try to disable and re enable the mail service for the domain. You will find that option in mail settings.
Or go to Program Files\MailEnable\Config\Address-map.tab and remove all ! characters.

Hello,

Sometime plesk disables the mailboxes. To fix the issue try to disable and re enable the mail service for the domain. You will find that option in mail settings.
Or go to Program Files\MailEnable\Config\Address-map.tab and remove all ! characters.

Dear InderS,

I know sometimes plesk disables mailboxes but in this case i checked all the mailbaxes and none of them was disabled. Also in the list of the recepients there was some yahoo and gmail addresses in addition of local mailboxes, but none of recieved the email! it means the server didn't send this email to any of the recepients.

Regards

Make sure that IP of local mailbox is not blacklisted. Also try to fix it with "%plesk_bin%\mchk" --all

The IP of mailbox is the IP of my email server and it is not in blacklist. This problem just occured sometimes and in other times this domain and all its mailboxes work fine. Do you think "%plesk_bin%\mchk" --all can fix a problem which appears sometimes and not always?

Regards

Back