• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question External Email (gmail hosted) with same domain failing to send via SMTP

5teve

New Pleskian
HI All

Firstly I'm new and not a developer - just doing some ground work to better understand my issue. Please be gentle

We have a hosted server (windows) running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.37 our company domain email is hosted by google (workspace)

I am trying to use the built in SMTP server for our nopcommerce installation, mainly as its unlimited and allows me to send the occasional bulk email with no issue, whereas gmail imposes small caps on us as we only have 4 workspace licenses.

The smtp works well and quickly to external , however the issue I have is that any internal emails (ie orders we have in that we are notified of via [email protected]) sent are caught by the smtp server (being in the same domain) and returns the error Error sending e-mail. Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local

The standard response I have seen on this is disable the mail service - which is fine - apart from then that stops the SMTP sending happening totally and emails fail to send with the response Error sending e-mail. 504: Access to this service has been denied by the mail administrator

Am I missing something here? Should the SMTP stop working - is there a configuration we are missing - or is it just by design? I note a lot of posts have talked about this but nothing seems very concrete apart from turn off mail services...

Thanks in advance

Steve

Back