• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Everything is set correctly and still emails get rejected by mail.com

Space Monkey

Basic Pleskian
This is becoming very frustrating and the support team of mail.com has been everything but useful so trying my luck here.

Ok, so I've set up the mailserver on Plesk Onyx on a Vultr cloud.

In the beginning nothing worked till I googled, asked some stuff on facebook and on mail-test I went from -0.3 to a 8.1 score and I pass authentication on all fronts.

When I send an email from roundcube to a gmail account all works fine, goes directly to the inbox, mails registered with Microsoft, some directly in the inbox and some in the spam folder, fine, I send an email to any address registered with mail.com it gets rejected instantly.

And when I try to send an email from the mail.com address to my plesk email it also gets rejected.

If I send an email with my Gmail to any mail.com address it works fine.

So what else can I do? I've configured everything I know correctly in Plesk, I added all the things needed to Vultr's DNS but I just can't get it to send to a mail.com address :(

Keep getting this error:

Code:
Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.mydomain.net
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 63BA37450
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; [email protected]
Arrival-Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 12:36:51 +0000 (UTC)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx00.mail.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable 550
    invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record

The error message:

"invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record"

...suggests it is an issue with the DNS config for your domain name - care to share your domain name?

(I have a bit of experience with email deliverability :)

Back