• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local'

Tsi-Shawn

Basic Pleskian
OS Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Plesk version 12.0.18 Update #61, last updated at Aug 21, 2015 03:25 AM
The system is up-to-date; last checked at Aug 20, 2015 03:24 AM

On this system I am not able to send to any .ca's. When any customer tries they get the following error immediately:

.ca' on 8/20/15 4:35 PM
Server error: '550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local'

I can send to any other email address just fine. I ran the mchk.exe --fix fix=all (whatever the command is) and it did nothing. I do not believe that mail is reaching our ironports, nor the MTA which is mail enable.

I have upgraded mailenable just in case but this just happened out of no where a few days ago. Has anyone seen this?

So further testing.

Mail goes to our ironport spam filters and then to plesk. the message tracking shows that mail is getting to ironport and leaving:

Message 160938042 to [email protected] received remote SMTP response 'ok: Message 66185212 accepted'.

The bounce then would come from plesk or the MTA?

First off, what's the email address it's being sent from (just the domain name is all I need)?
Second, is teksavvy.ca web server hosted off the same server with the email with plesk (as for the example above) or hosted elsewhere?
Is the web server part of an AD DC?
And how do you have your MailEnable setup in terms of external look ups?

Any domain. tccu.ca is one. dresdenex.com is another.
It is a separate server. Note this is only happening on the Windows Plesk?MailEnable domains. I have 5 other linux servers and they are all fine.
It is not a part of an AD DC The system this VM is on is though, but so are two other Linux VM's not having a problem.
Where would i find that?

upload_2015-8-21_11-38-15.png

SmartHost is the same as the Linux servers. Not sure if that helps but those settings have remained the same since I installed this a few years ago.

To check what DNS address that MailEnable is using is to open the MailEnable Management and go into the SMTP Properties, under General, what does it show for the DNS Address(es)?

Remove the private IP addresses and see how it works out. (those are the 10.23.45.x addresses)

I'm not sure what to tell ya then, kinda hard to see what's happening without having access to see how everything is moving around and what not. It's related to how it does the look ups and seems like it thinks that the domain in question is hosted locally on the same server when it isn't if I have to guess. Maybe someone else here might have a better insight?

But on just .ca's? How does that make sense? These are .ca's anywhere in the world hosted by anyone. It's not just that people can't send to our .ca's but ANY. That is the weird thing. I would get if it was not doing a lookup on something local but these people on this server cannot send to any .ca anywhere.

Fixed.

So the fix was this. There was a teksavvy.ca mailbox in the post office and although disabled I needed to delete it and restart mail services. Once I did that mail was able to flow to .ca's

Back