• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

What's the outcome? Does the file get re-written with the correct content or are you just opening your mail server to everyone.

Thank you very much. The renaming of the rcpthosts file was successful :)

I hope, this file is not necessary for security purposes, because Q-Mail is not creating a new one?!

I understand that completely and renamed it again, but do you have any idea, what I could do, because the methods described at "Selective relaying with tcpserver and qmail-smtpd" will not help me at my problem? I don´t know exactly from which IP´s my customers will try to send the mail. Before the update SMTP Auth was enough... So what to do??

In Plesk Mail > Server > authorization is required: POP checked, set to 20 min, SMTP authorization checked.

Go to outlook, make sure that you have SMTP authentication enabled. In the Advanced settings, make sure that you have it set to Use the same settings as the incoming mail server.

That is exactly my problem. All those settings are definitely right and have been right before. But this method doesn´t work anymore since this stupid update. The server ignores my settings and relaying is closed no matter what I am configuring.

Have you modified outlook to log-in to the incoming before smtp?

Yes, I did configure everything right. It looks like Qmail is not really interested in my settings at server>>mail. The funny thing is, that, even if I´m not checking SMTP authorization and configure my Winows Live Mail equally, Qmail is telling me "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)" when I try to send an email to a domain outside my servernetwork.

The only thing that works is putting my IP, which I get from my ISP to the whitelist, but next time, when I get a new IP from my ISP the game starts again. And I know, that my customers also get new IP´s whenever their router is reconnecting to the internet.

Before the update everything worked fine with the settings of the server and the clients!

The only thing I didn´t try until now is the "Plesk Restoring mail configuration:" /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v. --without-spam
But I´m a little bit afraid of doing this, because I read this experience report >>
mail problem after running mchk

Anybody any more suggestions?

I've got the same problem. After upgrading to 8.4 mail clients can't send mail to any domains other than those hosted on the same server (the ones in the rcpthosts file).
Has anyone found out what's causing this yet?

All clients using SMTP authentication? If so, try sending emails to other domains from webmail.[domain], see if you're succesful. If you are, then the issue is with the SMTP authentication.

In that case, running /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v. --without-spam should fix the issue but before you do, try to at least change the Outlook Authentication from "pop before smtp" to "use same settings as incoming".

This worked in my case.

I already tried sending via webmail and that worked fine. The client settings ar correct, but I couldn't ask all clients using the smtp server to change their settings anyway...
I'll try the option you mentioned later, since I'm not quite sure what it does yet.
Thanks for your reply.

FYI, I've been working through this issue much of today with Parallels support. I've had the ticket elevated to tier two but it still hasn't been resolved. If you're in the same boat as I am you may want to refer your support person to my trouble ticket to see if it helps them. My ticket number is 505258. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

I just tried the mchk command, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Also I still have my old settings, weren't they supposed to have been resetted?

My log says this when I try to send mail:
May 10 11:51:09 servername relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from x.x.x.x:xxxx (host.name.com)

My issue has been resolved (woo hoo)! They said that they fixed it by turning off pop before smtp auth and then turning it back on again, but I tried that earlier without success. The result of the change though was updagint the env value in /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa to read "SMTPAUTH=1 POPAUTH=1 POPLOCK_TIME=20". I've confirmed that this fixes the pop before smtp problem on my server.

Good luck to the rest of you dealing with this problem - I hope this helps.

I don't use POP before SMTP, but I can confirm that the SMTPAUTH=1 option works. I still couldn't login with short usernames though, so I also had to add the option SHORTNAMES=1.
So for me, running Plesk 8.4 on Ubuntu Dapper (6.06) the solution was adding

env = SMTPAUTH=1 SHORTNAMES=1

to /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa and /etc/xinetd.d/smtps_psa

Just want to add my thanks. . . spent all morning trying to resolve this problem after upgrading. . and the actions above work great :)

Registered just to say that!

Hello. I had this same problem and would like to add some info.

to /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa and /etc/xinetd.d/smtps_psa

In my case these two file were fine. However, a mysterious smtp2_psa file existed which I opened to find had the env value missing. So I fixed smtp2_psa and the problem resolved.

Also from this thread it appears someone had a file named smtp_psa_alt which was creating the problem.

So I guess the fix is to find any files resembling smtp_psa to make sure they have the env variable.

Also I did this from habit, but if xinetd needs to be restarted this is the command:

/etc/init.d/xinetd restart

<rant>I am just glad my system didn't have the password authentication problem. These 8.4 issues are very serious, and I hope Parallel gets a clue.

From now on I am never upgrading unless the version number shows a minor upgrade, like 8.4.1.</rant>

Hi!
I had to edit submission_psa in the same directory with the same fix.

env = SUBMISSION=1 SMTPAUTH=1 SHORTNAMES=1

Alternatively, I guess, if the full login is used it might work for these accounts sending over port 587.

Take care!

Back