1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

7.5.0 upgrade problems

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by bkapitan, Dec 17, 2004.

1. bkapitan

bkapitan Guest

Upgraded to 7.5.0 and then 7.5.1 and two things happened --

1. The image next to "modules" doesn't display at all, regardless of the skin chosen. The file is physically in the right place, but is inaccessible for some reason -- could there be some rewrite rule active?

The info on the file is:

https://x.x.x.x:8443/psa/skins/winxp.new/images/nav_modules.gif

Its there, as mentioned, with the right permissions/user/group as all of the other images that DO show.

2. Help was broken -- click the help button resulted in something like "Your PSA installation is broken". Solved it by creating a symbolic link "locale" pointing to "locales", and in a sub-dir "en" pointing to "en-US". DId something not run which changed the directory structure?

By the way, upgrading to 7.5.0 caused these problems in the first place, and I waited for 7.5.1 and when that didn't help, I solved issue #2 as detailed.

Thanks for any help.

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

The correct path for the help files is:

/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/locales

Are you sure that all the RPM packages were installed sucesfully?

3. bkapitan

bkapitan Guest

Yes, they all seemed to install OK. I came from 7.1 -> 7.5.

Like I said, the "error box" if you will said it couldn't find the help files in .../locale -- since I didn't know which was right, I made a quicky link and the help was happy.

With what you are saying, then the PHP interface is somehow wrong since IT thinks they should be in .../locale.

Have any clue on the other issue -- that has me scratching my head -- since the file IS in the right place, but it just doesn't come up.

4. KrazyT

KrazyT Guest

I also have a broken nav_modules.gif image.

It's no big deal really, but it's bugging me to no end
    (you might say it's pushing my buttons :D )

The generated HTML is pointed to
    https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8443/psa/skins/winxp.new/images/nav_modules.gif

and the image exists with proper read permissions
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root psaadm 1025 Dec 16 03:43 images/nav_modules.gif

yet, it doesn't show up on the left frameset

5. bkapitan

bkapitan Guest

Exactly the same for me -- when I saw the broken pic icon I assumed also that the permissions were wrong -- but no.

Personally I think somewhere there is some Apache rule re-writing the URL for the picture -- perhaps turning "modules" into something else that cannot be found.