• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.3 with REL4

A

Alcedema

ANy idea when this will be available? I don't really want to have to downgrade to 3.3 and then have to go through upgrading all the services.

If there isn't going to be support for the latest RHEL os's, does 7.5.3 work with the 64bit version of the 3.3 o/s

Also, would it have to be 3.3, or can it work on, 3.4/3.5 for example?

I read a rumor that 7.5.4 will "support" RHEL4, and that it should be out "soon".

That being said, 7.5.3 *should* work with RHEL4. Once upon a time, Plesk only supported RH7.x. We all used to install it on every other version, simply by tricking plesk into believing it was 7.x by changing the /etc/redhat-release file. I'm not going to say that it will work for sure, but you can always try it. Worst case you just uninstall it.

Yeah, support got back to me quite quickly and said they will support RHEL4 and CentOS 4.x in 7.5.4 (july-august release).

I tried installing it on CentOS 4.1, it started ok (didnt need to edit the redhat-release/issue/issue.net files) but had some problems with librpmio-4.2.so (or something like that) which was linked and available. So I decided to try it out on 3.5 and it worked like a charm after changing the redhat release to rhel3, although now I want to return back to centos 4.1 because this one keeps crashing out on me (scsi raid card).

Back