• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

S

SurfMarketing

When will 8.2 be released and what will be in the release?

It's scheduled for mid-late June.

There will be CentOS 5 support for sure I've heard. Have a look at the other forums for more talks about it, there are already a lot of topics about it :)

ok we got friday 29 june now, anyone heard of a more concrete release date? perhaps today? :)

What is included in the new version will have in it?

Ok thanks, does anyone know what features will be added?

it is widelly discussed in several threads in this forum... just SEARCH for it.

I searched but did not find anything about what is going to be new, I need frontpage ext. They are the really most important us.

Originally posted by petrucci
Helpdesk told me it has been delayed to July 9th
Oh great, they've "pulled a cPanel" on us (I coined this term... Whenever someone delays something without telling the public :D).

I surely hope they're not going to do what cPanel did with their stage 2 release of cPanel 11... The initial release (CURRENT build) was scheduled for mid-May 2007. They pushed back to the end of May, then the start of June, then pushed back to end of June. Now it's scheduled for July 17, 2007, but I think they'll push it back again :p

I searched but did not find anything about what is going to be new, I need frontpage ext. They are the really most important us.

Search the forums. The FrontPage Extensions have been EOL'd by Microsoft (last year) and they don't allow distribution of the extensions anymore. They won't reappear in any upcoming Plesk version.

If you've had the extensions on your Plesk server in the past, they won't be removed, but SWsoft is no longer allowed to distribute the extensions. If other control panels are still distributing the extensions I believe they are violating the license terms or maybe they have some secret special deal with Microsoft. I doubt it though, since Microsoft doesn't support FrontPage anymore.

Try http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage

it has been pointed out several times before, you can still manually install the frontpage package from a previous plesk version (don't remember which was the latest to have frontpage) and they will work.
but still, **** frontpage you know... i'm surprised that there are people still using that ****.

Anyone know when 8.2 will released and the new features?

Well, today's the 9th July... I hope to see it out later today :D

so, the date says 10th July, looks like we've got to wait another day for the release.
unfortunatelly, no word about postfix support in the "what's new" pdf :(

Back