• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.3 - another YAWN release

madsere

Regular Pleskian
As per http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk/new/, the only new thing in the Linux version is per-domain bandwidth management and some useless virus scanner stats.

How about getting with your customers Swsoft. We need the Virtuozzo5/RHEL5/PHP5/MySQL5 package on the road, how about assigning some resources there.

Another feature that has been asked for years is suPHP support (again, Virtuozzo/RHEL).

Come on....

There are no any Virtuozzo 5 release. The latest Virtuozzo version is 4.0.
RHEL 5 is supported since Plesk 8.2 release.
MySQL5 is supported for any OS distribution where it is included by OS vendor though there is known problem with MySQL 5.0.54 but it is going to be resolved soon.
PHP5 is supported for any OS distribution where it is included by OS vendor.

Regards

I know there is no Virtuozzo 5 release, that's my complaint. We beta tested it months ago, it should be released any day soon ... but as always it's harder to get a release date from you guys than to get blood from a stone.

RHEL5 may be supported by Plesk but it is not supported by Virtuozzo 4.

Would you prefer we start offering Cpanel on our Virtuozzo servers instead of Plesk?

Partly because this is what your Virtuozzo engineers have told me, partly because there are no RHEL5 templates available for Virtuozzo.

I know there is no Virtuozzo 5 release, that's my complaint.
You are probably talking about Virtuozzo 4.0 which had beta release recently and now is in release candidate status AFAIK. Current stable release in Virtuozzo 3.0. I've never heard about Virtuozzo 5.0 release plans.

Ok, Virtuozzo 4. I assumed it would be Virtuozzo 5 as it would be in sync with RHEL5,PHP5 and MySQL 5...

Could not it be that you are looking RHEL 5 templates amoung standard templates? RHEL5 is available as EZ template only (new virtuozzo format). Standard templates format is obsolete and all new OSes are shipped in EZ templates format only.

Regards

I don't specify anything particularly with vzup2date, if there was anything there saying RHEL5 I would take it.

We have used Virtuozzo since the 2.x days and always used the standard format templates. Is there any documentation explaining how to create ve's using EZ templates anywhere?

Actually I can't see the details of which RHEL templates are available but I think from memory it's RHEL3 and RHEL4 (We only use RHEL4).

+------------------+ OS templates selection +-------------------+
| |
| Below is a list of new or updated OS templates available |
| for your Virtuozzo installation. Mark those you wish to |
| install or update and press Next. |
| |
| [ ] Red Hat Ent. AS 2.1 p1/20031008 ( not installed ) # |
| [ ] Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (v.... ( not installed ) a |
| [ ] Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (v.... (current: 20070618) a |
| [ ] CentOS 3 OS Template p6/20060930 ( not installed ) a |
| [ ] CentOS 4 OS Template p8/20070605 ( not installed ) a |
| [ ] Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 p1/20030822 ( not installed ) a |
| [ ] Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 OS Templat... ( not installed ) a |
| [ ] Fedora Core 1 OS Template p9/20... ( not installed ) a |
| |
| +------+ +------+ +------+ |
| | Quit | | Back | | Next | |
| +------+ +------+ +------+ |
| |
| |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

I've just consulted with Virtuozzo engineers. They say vzup2date tool CAN NOT install EZ templates yet in Virtuozzo 3.0. And I am not sure if this ability was added to Virtuozzo 4.0 RC1 (currently available) though it is expected EZ templates update in Virtuozzo 4.0 final release.

You have to download RHEL5 EZ template manually from downloads.swsoft.com (use your credentials for vzup2date.swsoft.com or contact your Virtuozzo sales to get password). Virtuozzo guide contains a chapter explaining how to deal with EZ templates (installations,updating, caching).

I just tried downloads.swsoft.com with the working user/pass from my vzup2date config but it didn't work: "The login information you provided was invalid. Please check your Username and Password and try again"

My "Virtuozzo sales" is The Planet (EV1) and they will not give me access, saying they were not allowed by you to give this access. They were kind enough to copy a pile of RHEL5 rpm's into a directory on my server, now I just have to find out how to use "EZ" templates.

The latest Virtuozzo Users Guide I've been able to dig up is version 2.6 and it has no references to EZ anything. Where can I find the latest version?

Virtuozzo 3.0 guide includes description of EZ templates. The guide shall come with Virtuozzo distribution and is not available online. You shall ask you Virtuozzo reseller to give you all documentation required.

Probably you can get better help if asking on Virtuozzo forum.

Just to update people, although I've not yet created a VE with them, there are definitely Centos5 and RH5 templates at download.swsoft.com which I access using my vzup2date credentials (I think!) via FTP. I do know that some of the sites were having some problems over the last week or so -- maybe that's what prevented you from accessing things?

Back