• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

8.6 -> 9.2.1 Upgrade failed - Plesk Control panel will NOT LOAD!

G

Groo

Hi,

First some background:

Yesterday I upgraded (via Yum) the client RPMs for PHP to 5.2.12. After the upgrade, we were under Plesk 8.6 and everything was working (Control Panel/Sites/etc.). Now, after going to 9.2.1, I keep getting this error in sw-cp-server/error_log:

Cannot find config item ["global/SERVERsocket==:8443", ".php", 0]
2010-01-25 14:24:47: (mod_fastcgi.c.1000) the fastcgi-backend /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm failed to start:
2010-01-25 14:24:47: (mod_fastcgi.c.1004) child exited with status 1 /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm
2010-01-25 14:24:47: (mod_fastcgi.c.1007) if you try do run PHP as FastCGI backend make sure you use the FastCGI enabled version.
You can find out if it is the right one by executing 'php -v' and it should display '(cgi-fcgi)' in the output, NOT (cgi) NOR (cli)
For more information check http://www.lighttpd.net/documentation/fastcgi.html#preparing-php-as-a-fastcgi-program
2010-01-25 14:24:47: (mod_fastcgi.c.1012) If this is PHP on Gentoo add fastcgi to the USE flags
2010-01-25 14:24:47: (mod_fastcgi.c.1105) [ERROR]: spawning fcgi failed.
2010-01-25 14:24:47: (mod_fastcgi.c.3505) all handlers for /index.php on .php are down.

If I run /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm I get:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 30
Expires: Fri, 28 May 1999 00:00:00 GMT
Last-Modified: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:32:55 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
P3P: CP="NON COR CURa ADMa OUR NOR UNI COM NAV STA"
Content-type: text/html

<html><head><title></title>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/common.js?plesk_version=psa-9.2.1-92090422.13"/></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/prototype.js?plesk_version=psa-9.2.1-92090422.13"></script>
<script>
var opt_no_frames = false;
var opt_integrated_mode = false;
</script>

</head><body onLoad=";top.location='/login.php3';"></body></html>[/b]

Is that REQUEST_URI line hinting at something important being broken?

Looking in /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/plesk.conf I figured that the line:
"socket" => "/usr/local/psa/tmp/sw-engine.sock",
might have something to do with it, since sw-engine.sock did not exist - but sw-engine.sock-0 did -- I tried making that change, doing an /etc/init.d/psa restart and no change. Also did /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart

My updating of php had anything to do with the control panel not working now (since it worked in 8.6) - also - Plesk is using /usr/bin/sw-engine & /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi for control panel functions anyways.

I'm at wit's end with how to fix it.... I could live with the admin panel being broken for a few days but do to the upgrade automatically suspending sites that exceed disk usage it has suspended one of my main domains and I dont' know how to unsuspend it via command line (is there a way?).

HELP!

Fixed it!

Edit /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/plesk.conf

Before:

"max-procs" => 1,
"min-procs" => 0,

After:

"max-procs" => 1,
"min-procs" => 1,

I first was hinted to this in /var/log/sw-cp-server with this message when trying to get the admin panel up:

2010-01-25 13:05:53: (mod_fastcgi.c.1341) Dynamic spawning with max_procs > 1 is not supported; setting min_procs = max_procs

I'm not sure why this would have such an impact, but, regardless, after many hours of tinkering, I finally got it fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back