• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

9.5 to 10.2 for XML-RPC: Worth it?

T

T10i

Hello.

My company is using a virtual hosting solution maintained by another company to service our customers. Currently we're on Plesk 9.5 and we're running into problems as we need to manage mail accounts and redirects via XML-RPC, which 9.5 doesn't support for resellers even if they have the proper permissions (which, to my knowledge, is a known bug in 9.5).

Our hoster is offering to upgrade to 10.2, however they warn us that 10.2 contains unspecified "bugs" and we're using it at our own risk. Now, before we make the jump, I have a few questions:

- Does 10.2 offer working XML-RPC support for operations like mail/create for resellers?
- Does 10.2 have any major regressions over 9.5? Is our hoster just being overly careful? In short, can we upgrade to 10.2 and expect everything to work without major issues?

Thanks,

Tim

I think I may have found an issue. I'm trying to make the following request:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packet version="1.6.0.2">
  <mail>
    <update>
      <set>
        <filter>
          <domain_id>175</domain_id>
          <mailname>
            <name>test</name>
            <redirect>
              <enabled>false</enabled>
            </redirect>
            <mailgroup>
              <enabled>true</enabled>
              <address>[email protected]</address>
            </mailgroup>
          </mailname>
        </filter>
      </set>
    </update>
  </mail>
</packet>

According to the XML Schema the request validates. However, Plesk replies with the error "Unable to find address node [1023]". I think the address node meant is the one in <redirect /> but according to the Schema that node is optional.

I also can't find anything regarding this error anywhere on the web, which would indicate that it doesn't normally occuṛ, the patch being a likely culprit.

Back