• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

A few questions; Plesk 7.5 to 8.0 restauration

J

juanit0

I'm in the process of moving all my clients data from a crashed/hacked system witch used plesk 7.5 and red hat 7.3.

The new plesk is 8.0 and red hat enterprise and I need to do the folloing:

transfer websites content, transfer e-mail data, restaure clients databases, recreate every client, domains and e-mail accounts.

So here are my questions:

- Where can I find the e-mails content? Should I put it in the same directory on the new system?

- where are located the old databases, and how should I restaure them?

Thanks for your help!

Found some help on another forum, I just post here the results in case it could help someone later on, I had a lot of trouble finding this simple thing, I lost several hours on this today...

huck said:
There are innodb files in /var/lib/mysql/ib* You will need those as well. Unless versions are identical between the new and old server, you may run into issues.

Usually we try to dump mysql and then reimport it. You can often chroot into a slaved drive startup mysql, make a dump and then re-import on the new drive.

Getting better thanks to you!

I downloaded the file "ibdata1" from my old install and placed it on my local mysql server and I can now browse a part of the tables, I think all the tables I need to recreate my users accounts are there! I see the light at the end of the tunel, thanks to you!

7.5.6 to 8.0.1

Well first use psadump and you better have 7.5.6 on RHEL also and then upgrade.

I did a psadump and psarestore, some things stop working the backup / restore process is not linear ! be aware !

Regards
Joao Correia

Back