• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved A record ipv4

Hi thinkingcap,

the serverwide DNS - template will insert the corresponding "<ip>" at the domain - specific DNS - entries, which you assigned for the specific domain, while the serverwide entry "<ipv6>" will insert the corresponding IPv6 - address at the corresponding domain - specific DNS - entries.

Pls. read the official Plesk documentation for further informations:

An "A" entry like "ipv4.domain.tld" will always resolve to your corresponding "IPv4", while "ipv6.domain.tld" will resolve to your corresponding "IPv6" - address. This sort of dual stack configuration is only necessary, if you use both ( IPv4 AND IPv6 ) for a domain.

Hi @UFHH01 Thanks for that info... I've been wondering that as well in the past.
But what I don't get from your answer if these records are part of "RFC" or "Best Practice"....
Is it something that others are requiring from you?

Hi mr-wolf,

But what I don't get from your answer if these records are part of "RFC" or "Best Practice"....
Actually, this just separates the usage, so that IPv6 is used by clients with an v6 - net - address, while IPv4 is used by clients with an v4 - net - address. Without this configuration, IPv6 is being preferred before IPv4, when the FQDN has been requested from the client.

I can't tell you, if there are any other advantages or disadvantages, nor do I know if there are any "RFC" - regulations.

Back