• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost'

Pepito

New Pleskian
I installed Plesk 9.2 and each time I try to start it I have the below error message. I tried several things, including http://kb.odin.com/article_16_346_en.html

Can somebody help? I am on CentOS 5. Thanks.

[root@kinesante psa]# /etc/init.d/psa restart
PSA is down, performing full restart.
Starting xinetd service... done
Starting named service... failed
Starting mysqld service... failed
Starting postgresql service... not installed
Starting psa-spamassassin service... not installed
Plesk: Starting Mail Server... already started
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Starting mail handlers tmpfs storage
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Starting Plesk... done

If you can't login to Plesk database with
# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -D psa

it means that you have incorrect password for admin user in mysql database. In other words password in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow and password for admin user in mysql table are different. In this case you should reset password in mysql and you can find solution in the mentioned KB article or with googling.

If you can't login to Plesk database with

it means that you have incorrect password for admin user in mysql database. In other words password in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow and password for admin user in mysql table are different. In this case you should reset password in mysql and you can find solution in the mentioned KB article or with googling.

You forgot to tell what to do if login through
mysql-uadmin-p `cat / etc / psa / .psa.shadow`-D psa
passes successfully.

Back