• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Access non Mysql PSA database

C

crash

With the new Plesk 7.6 for Windows, the psa database is by default setup as (i believe) a Mssql database.

Can anyone give me hints on how I can access the database?

To answer my own question.

If the "Typical" option is chosen during Plesk setup, the Psa database is stored as a Ms Access Database located at

Plesk\admin\db\psa.mdb

It is easy to access the data in that database by setting up a ODBC DSN, then using DBD-ODBC in perl.

Even easier, just copy it to your workstation, open it up in Access, edit and re-upload. :)

Better yet is to convert it to MS SQL. I saw somewhere that it can be done but have no details on it. When I saw my DC Plesk install used Access, I uninstalled it and then re-installed it myself using MS SQL. Shame they wouldn't just give me a key so I could install it myself the first time.

Always use a custom installation method, there you can choose MS access, MSSQl or MySQL etc. Default is always the bad choice.

Originally posted by squorpeeon
Even easier, just copy it to your workstation, open it up in Access, edit and re-upload. :)

That's assuming I am running a Windows work station, which I am not ;-)

The reason I needed access to the PSA database is because I wrote some backup scripts that depend on access to information in the database.

OK I see now, how about using ODBC and create a DSN with the Microsoft Access Driver?

Are you using PHP for the script?

Originally posted by squorpeeon
OK I see now, how about using ODBC and create a DSN with the Microsoft Access Driver?

Are you using PHP for the script?

Thats exactly what I ended up doing. Great minds think alike =)

I wrote the script in perl. So it ended up just being a mater of adding a new "Database type" option to the script and adding few lines of code.

This is my first time actually using ODBC, and am already a fan!

Back