1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Access to log files and file manager - Plesk control panel

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by addstravel, Aug 18, 2004.

1. addstravel

addstravel Guest

When I try and view the log files and/or file manager within the domains section I get the following errors:

When accessing file manager:
    Invalid base path.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Checker.php:571 psaerror(string "Invalid base path.")
    1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.FileManager.php:568 checker::filepath(string "C:/inetpub/vhosts/*****.co.uk", string "C:\inetpub\vhosts/*******.co.uk", string "****")
    2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.FileManager.php:726 filemanager->get_file_path(string "/")
    3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:69 filelist->fetchfilelist()
    4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:86 filelist->fetchlist()
    5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\filemanager\filemanager.php:543 filelist->init()

When accessing log manager:

LogFilesList->init() failed: filemng failed: Unable to open key (SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\Config): (5) Access is denied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\logs\log_files.php:148 psaerror(string "LogFilesList->init() failed: filemng failed: Unable to open key (SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\Config): (5) Access is denied.")

Any ideas?

2. jaytee

jaytee Guest

From the error message we can only tell that for some reason, system user psaadm does not have rights to access the registry.

3. addstravel

addstravel Guest

Hi,
    I ran the Plesk configurator application that comes with the latest plesk patch, but still having this problem. How do I allow psaadmin registry permission?

THanks

4. mmontgomery

mmontgomery Guest

Solution

For everyone having this issue, here is the solution:

Open regedit

Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\

Right click on 'config' folder. Go to properties.

Give 'Users' group permissions to read this folder.

Hope this helps.