• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Access to log files and file manager - Plesk control panel

A

addstravel

When I try and view the log files and/or file manager within the domains section I get the following errors:

When accessing file manager:
Invalid base path.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Checker.php:571 psaerror(string "Invalid base path.")
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.FileManager.php:568 checker::filepath(string "C:/inetpub/vhosts/*****.co.uk", string "C:\inetpub\vhosts/*******.co.uk", string "****")
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.FileManager.php:726 filemanager->get_file_path(string "/")
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:69 filelist->fetchfilelist()
4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:86 filelist->fetchlist()
5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\filemanager\filemanager.php:543 filelist->init()

When accessing log manager:

LogFilesList->init() failed: filemng failed: Unable to open key (SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\Config): (5) Access is denied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\logs\log_files.php:148 psaerror(string "LogFilesList->init() failed: filemng failed: Unable to open key (SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\Config): (5) Access is denied.")

Any ideas?

From the error message we can only tell that for some reason, system user psaadm does not have rights to access the registry.

Hi,
I ran the Plesk configurator application that comes with the latest plesk patch, but still having this problem. How do I allow psaadmin registry permission?

THanks

Solution

For everyone having this issue, here is the solution:

Open regedit

Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\

Right click on 'config' folder. Go to properties.

Give 'Users' group permissions to read this folder.

Hope this helps.

Back