• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Access to webmail on a server after migration (no dns to former hosted domains)

AmaZili Communication

Basic Pleskian
Hi!

First of all: Happy new year!

I wonder if there is any way to check webmail on a server that we moved from to verify if no emails have been lost while new dns propagates domains to the new hosting server address.

To explain briefly:

Had a Plesk 12 server with multiple domains and one shared IP let's say 1.1.1.1

Moved all stuff to a new Plesk server 12.5 server with another IP let's say 2.2.2.2

Changed domain.com records from:

domain.com IN A 1.1.1.1​
to:

domain.com IN A 2.2.2.2​

Had some troubles with domain name administration (outside Plesk) so it took a while to take up.

I want to make sure no mails can have gone to old server after the migration.

I am afraid that running the migration for mails again would create duplicates (the new server is currently in production).

Because of that I imagined to access to the webmail with user credentials and check few accounts.

Am I right?

Is there a better solution?

If I am right, how to do it?

Thanks for help.

Philippe

Last edited:
Hello,

I suggest you just remigrate with option 'mail content only' after DNS propagation. There will be no mail duplicates. You could check it on single domain.

Back