• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

access_log

Cheech_Schneidi

New Pleskian
Hi,

i have Plesk 12 with Deb7 and Nginx but i can see that /var/www/vhosts/*/logs/domain.name/access_log will be still written but there is no log rotation.

So i found some logrotade.conf under /opt/psa/etc/ and logrotated.d but there are all for error logs also i found logs under /var/www/vhosts/system/logs/

but i still miss the config for logrotation for the access_log under /var/www/vhosts/customerdomain/logs/domainname/access_log

I hope someone can help the most KB i found are all for Plesk 11 or less.

THX
Cheech

If this was an upgraded instance of Plesk, have you tried first to turn off log rotate and then to turn it back on?

Just to cover your bases, have you also set log rotation parameters? (such as the actual period or size thresholds when logs should be rotated)

as you can read this is for Plesk11 i'm talking about Plesk 12 and is a complete different issue, i want to know who control the log file, which script is it.

You can try to debug it with

# export PLESK_DEBUG_LEVEL=4
# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php

Check output for possible errors and check size of access logs after that.

Hi,

no error messages and looks like a new file was created.

-rw-r--r-- 2 root root 0 Jan 16 11:23 access_log
-rw-r--r-- 2 root root 3,4M Jan 16 11:23 access_log.processed
-rw------- 1 root root 29K Jan 16 11:23 access_log.webstat
-rw-r--r-- 2 root root 0 Jan 16 11:23 access_ssl_log
-rw-r--r-- 2 root root 653K Jan 16 11:23 access_ssl_log.processed
-rw------- 1 root root 5,1K Jan 16 11:23 access_ssl_log.webstat

cya
Cheech

It seems that Daily Maintenance Script does not executed by cron schedule for some reason. Check that cron service is up and running at least.

all crons are running without any issue and this is still not way to find out which script/cron or what ever i writing in this file. i want to know which script is writing in here, that is my questions and not if it is working or not.

Back