• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Accessing a not registerd domain

batikiotis

New Pleskian
I have added an unregistered domain example.gr to my plesk account. I can access it from several pcs by adding to hosts file in windows the IP example.gr
Is there another way to access it as i want to show it to my customer? it's a wordpress dynamic site.
Thank you

Hello batikiotis,

You can use the "Website Preview" feature - it allows you to share a preview link that works anywhere in the world, even if the domain name does not resolve.

Preview is not working, i get

This site can’t be reached
dltmonemvasias.gr.172-31-26-200.my-website-preview.com’s server DNS addresscould not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

And is not working on any domain i have, registered or not

Last edited:
Judging by the error message, you are using the "Quick Preview on a domain name in Plesk" option, which does not work if the selected domain name (dltmonemvasias.gr) does not resolve.

[root@ppu12-5 ~]# host dltmonemvasias.gr
Host dltmonemvasias.gr not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Go to Tools & Settings > Website Preview, and select "Default Quick Preview", see if it helps.

Judging by the error message, you are using the "Quick Preview on a domain name in Plesk" option, which does not work if the selected domain name (dltmonemvasias.gr) does not resolve.

[root@ppu12-5 ~]# host dltmonemvasias.gr
Host dltmonemvasias.gr not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Go to Tools & Settings > Website Preview, and select "Default Quick Preview", see if it helps.
Thank you for your response,
currently i dont have tool & settings in my menu from my hosting provider. see attached pic

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 3
Back