• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Accessing my database on plesk

ng93

New Pleskian
Hi everyone, I recently started working as a web developper and I need some help. My english isn't perfect but i'll try to be clear.

So my boss gave me a plesk account and asked me to host the web application we developped in it.

For now I want first to access my database and see it's tables and data. It's an MSSQL database. I added it on plesk and it says that it has 34 tables, which is correct. So i assume It has been added without problems.

Now in the documentation it says that i'm supposed to have a mylittleadmin link. I dont have that link, and when I asked my boss he said that this account does'nt have that option. So I don't know if it has something to do with the edition he choose to pay for or something.

Anyway now I'm supposed to find another way to access my data, and I'm struggling with it.

I tried using SQL Server Management Studio, but when it connects I have an error message, it's in french but it says that "index is out of range of the array limits".

Then I can see the object explorer (hope it's the correct name in english) on my left, but when I click on databases I have another error message that says that "the main server [my user name] is not able to access the database [some name] (note that this name isn't always the same) under the current security context"

The databases folder still opens in the object explorer but I don't see my database. And if I try for example to create one I have the error message about the index out of range.

We're using SQLServer 2008.

I looked for answers in the forums and the docs and google but did'nt find anything. So i'm posting here for help.
It doesn't have to be on SSMS, if there is an alternate and simple way to see my data I'm fine with it.

Thanks.

Hi IgorG. Thanks for your help and sorry for the late answer.

I was able to connect to the server. And I can manipulate my database using SQL queries. So now I know that it's on the server, which is nice.

But I still can't see the database on the object explorer (not really necessary but it would help). Any idea on why ? (not sure if it's an issue with plesk tho).

Thank you.

Back