• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Accidently broke plesk

J

John Crowhurst

I'm installing a server and the ISP supplied me a username and password and then I must have upgraded the server since the password changed and I was unable to log in.

I logged in and reset the password in /etc/psa/.psa.secret but that appeared to break things and changing it back broke it some more.

I get:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to connect to database: get_admin_password() failed: file_get_contents() failed: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:190
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: get_admin_password() failed: file_get_contents() failed: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:93

Does anyone know how I can reset the password or at least get plesk back to some semblance of working again?

Thanks,

John

Back