• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

[Account::getPassword] can't decrypt password to be plain.

D

Drowned

I'm trying to migrate from WHM 11.11.0 cPanel 11.15.0-R17853
to Plesk 8.2 but I keep getting this error on each database it tries to move:

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --update {databasename} -update_user {username} -add-access localhost failed with return code 1.
Stderr is Unable to update database user properties: Internal error: [Account::getPassword] can't decrypt password to be plain.

Anybody know a way to fix this issue?

i encountered this problem when migrating from ensim pro, the problem lied in the fact that the mysql user was linked to more than one database, this was supported in ensim, but in plesk you can only have 1 database linked to a mysql user

so check this on your source server... i had to import the mysql databases manually for these accounts after migration

After some testing I noticed the databases were being copied but the passwords didn't work. I simply had to update the password on the Plesk control panel and the problem was fixed. This updated Plesks's password database with the password it couldn't get from the transfer.

Back