• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue ACME challenge is not showing up

dokusch

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am running Plesk on my Linux webserver for a few years now and always was able to issue letsencrypt wildcard certificates by adding the TXT record to my DNS. The challenge was always shown in Plesk like in the screenshot from the documentation:

IMG_0888.png

As I now have again to update my certificate, I have the problem that Plesk is not showing me the TXT record to enter anymore. I only see the blue pop-up with the two buttons but without any text.

Does anybody have a clue what’s going on here?

This is the screen I see:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-31 um 10.25.38.png
Normally I see in this pop up a text describing what I have to do and the challenge I have to enter in the TXT record...

Have you installed Bind with the Plesk DNS component? In that case the system will write the key into your local DNS entries.

Here is the output from the log:

[2023-06-07 22:34:20.243] 1217154:6480e9cac1b20 ERR [panel] Invalid response from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/order/1135453967/185633710617. Details: Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:malformed Status: 404 Detail: No order for ID 185633710617 [2023-06-07 22:34:20.353] 1217154:6480e9cac1b20 ERR [extension/sslit] Error happened while certificate processing : <span class='plesk-ext-letsencrypt--ui-problem-adviser-malformed-no-order-for-id-error' hidden></span>Es konnte kein SSL/TLS-Zertifikat von Let's Encrypt für <b>bcpd.de</b> ausgestellt werden. <br/> <br/>Ein Fehler ist beim Verarbeiten der Bestellung des SSL/TLS-Zertifikats aufgetreten. Versuchen Sie bitte erneut, das Zertifikat auszustellen. Falls das Problem weiterhin besteht, wenden Sie sich an Ihren Plesk Administrator. <br/><span class='plesk-ext-letsencrypt--details-toggler' data-details-content-id='plesk-ext-letsencrypt--details-content-il3LcMIbE0DBZMtu' onclick='PleskExt.Letsencrypt.toggleCollapsibleDetails(this); return false;'>Details</span><div class='plesk-ext-letsencrypt--details-content' id='plesk-ext-letsencrypt--details-content-il3LcMIbE0DBZMtu' style='display: none'>Invalid response from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/order/1135453967/185633710617.<br /> Details:<br /> Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:malformed<br /> Status: 404<br /> Detail: No order for ID 185633710617</div><br/> [2023-06-07 22:35:10.849] 1217154:6480e9f843727 ERR [panel] Cannot access offset of type string on string: 0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/Command/CreateDnsRecord.php:108 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\Command\CreateDnsRecord->PleskExt\Letsencrypt\Command\{closure}(string 'ok') 1: : array_filter(array, object of type Closure) 2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/Command/CreateDnsRecord.php:111 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\Command\CreateDnsRecord->getChallengeDnsRecordIds(boolean true) 3: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/Command/CreateDnsRecord.php:70 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\Command\CreateDnsRecord->redo() 4: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/ChallengeSolver/AbstractActionSolver.php:57 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\ChallengeSolver\AbstractActionSolver->perform(string 'mdwtm9sRcVWlE2K-HFpRByri2g6r9R8n2E486Fj5iQ8', string 'ZPLGjcVRZwDiHcrIFYP4zOMGeQx2IlvquDpz9DA5lWs') 5: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/Acme/V2/SolveStrategy.php:50 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\Acme\V2\SolveStrategy->perform(object of type stdClass, object of type PleskExt\Letsencrypt\ChallengeSolver\DomainLocalDnsSolver, string 'ZPLGjcVRZwDiHcrIFYP4zOMGeQx2IlvquDpz9DA5lWs', string '*.bcpd.de') 6: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/Acme/SolveStrategy.php:124 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\Acme\SolveStrategy->run(string '*.bcpd.de', object of type PleskExt\Letsencrypt\ChallengeSolver\DomainLocalDnsSolver) 7: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/DomainValidation/AcmeV2DomainValidator.php:91 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\DomainValidation\AcmeV2DomainValidator->validateDomain(string '*.bcpd.de') 8: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/DomainValidation/AcmeDomainValidationTask.php:95 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\DomainValidation\AcmeDomainValidationTask->run() 9: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/Acme.php:211 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\Acme->PleskExt\Letsencrypt\{closure}(array) 10: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/Acme.php:219 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\Acme->provideCertificate(array, object of type PleskExt\Letsencrypt\AcmeCertOrderContext, object of type PleskExt\Letsencrypt\ChallengeFailed\SkipChallengeFailedStrategy, object of type PleskExt\Letsencrypt\CertificateIssuance\CertSubjectsValidatorRequireNothing) 11: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/TlsPlugin/CertOrderContext.php:461 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\TlsPlugin\CertOrderContext->PleskExt\Letsencrypt\TlsPlugin\{closure}() 12: : call_user_func(object of type Closure) 13: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/ProblemAdviser/AbstractUiProblemAdviser.php:113 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\ProblemAdviser\AbstractUiProblemAdviser->handleException(object of type Closure) 14: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/TlsPlugin/CertOrderContext.php:473 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\TlsPlugin\CertOrderContext->provideCertificate(object of type PleskExt\Letsencrypt\TlsPlugin\DomainProblemAdviser, object of type PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\CertOrder, object of type PleskExt\Letsencrypt\ChallengeFailed\SkipChallengeFailedStrategy, array) 15: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/TlsPlugin/CertOrderContext.php:159 PleskExt\Letsencrypt\TlsPlugin\CertOrderContext->processOrder(object of type PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\CertOrder) 16: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/library/TlsPlugin/Loader/ModuleProxy/CertOrderContextProxy.php:32 PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\Loader\ModuleProxy\CertOrderContextProxy->PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\Loader\ModuleProxy\{closure}() 17: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/library/Helper/PleskModuleContext.php:33 PleskExt\SslIt\Helper\PleskModuleContext::callWithPleskModuleContext(string 'letsencrypt', object of type Closure) 18: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/library/TlsPlugin/Loader/ModuleProxy/PleskModuleContextTrait.php:36 PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\Loader\ModuleProxy\CertOrderContextProxy->callWithPleskModuleContext(object of type Closure) 19: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/library/TlsPlugin/Loader/ModuleProxy/CertOrderContextProxy.php:33 PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\Loader\ModuleProxy\CertOrderContextProxy->processOrder(object of type PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\CertOrder) 20: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/library/SecureService/SecureDomainService.php:93 PleskExt\SslIt\SecureService\SecureDomainService->secureDomain(object of type PleskExt\SslIt\Bridge\Domain, object of type PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\TlsProduct, object of type PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\CertOrder, object of type pm_Client) 21: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/controllers/IndexController.php:348 IndexController->{closure}(object of type PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\TlsProduct, object of type PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\CertOrder, object of type pm_Client) 22: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/library/Controller/SecureController.php:95 PleskExt\SslIt\Controller\SecureController->PleskExt\SslIt\Controller\{closure}() 23: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/library/ProblemAdviser/AbstractUiProblemAdviser.php:68 PleskExt\SslIt\ProblemAdviser\AbstractUiProblemAdviser->handleException(object of type Closure) 24: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/library/Controller/SecureController.php:96 PleskExt\SslIt\Controller\SecureController->installCertificate(string 'install', object of type PleskExt\SslIt\Bridge\Domain, object of type PleskExt\SslIt\TlsPlugin\TlsProduct, object of type PleskExt\SslIt\Content\DomainCertDataProvider, object of type Closure) 25: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/controllers/IndexController.php:349 IndexController->processOrder(string 'install') 26: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/library/Controller/SecureController.php:25 PleskExt\SslIt\Controller\SecureController->installAction() 27: /opt/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php:516 Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(string 'installAction') 28: /opt/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php:308 Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(object of type Zend_Controller_Request_Http, object of type Zend_Controller_Response_Http) 29: /opt/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Controller/Front.php:954 Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() 30: /opt/psa/admin/plib/pm/Application.php:87 pm_Application->run() 31: /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/sslit/index.php:4 [2023-06-07 22:35:10.870] 1217154:6480e9f843727 ERR [panel] Cannot access offset of type string on string

Thank you. I'm seeing errors about malformed requests from the Let's Encrypt extension. If you haven't already done so, you may want to try reinstalling it in case it's corrupted.

Remove
Code:
plesk bin extension -u sslit
plesk bin extension -u letsencrypt
Reinstall
Code:
plesk bin extension -i sslit
plesk bin extension -i letsencrypt
If that doesn't work, I would look at the PHP handler next. Maybe it's not executing the commands properly.

I already tried to uninstall/reinstall split/letsencrypt, but without success.
What do you exactly mean by PHP handler?

Is there a way to retrieve the challenge in the terminal? I need to update the certificates urgently as they are already outdated...

The version of the PHP interpreter you're using on the server. It may be broken or corrupt. Try changing it and see if that solves the problem.

Last edited:
Not the domain version, but the system PHP version. The one installed by the package manager. Can't be changed in Plesk. Must be changed in the system itself. That would only be for troubleshooting though. I don't know for sure that this is the problem.

Back