• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Acronis or Acronis Extension

KlausZ

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

I have a virtual cloud server with Ionos. (Cent OS7 and Plesk Onyx). I have also backed up several local servers in the Acronis Cloud (so I have Acronis Cloud access). Now I also want to back up the virtual cloud server with Acronis. The question now is: Should I rather install the Acronis Linux agent and manage the whole thing via the Acronis console or should I use the Plesk Acronis extension? Is it still possible to access the backups via the Acronis Cloud Console using the Plesk extension? Who has what in use. Are there advantages and disadvantages. Would be glad about some input.

Thanks and regards, Klaus

When you are using Acronis Plugin for Plesk, you should see the button to access the Acronis protection console, and that's where you can do entire machine recovery for example. You should still use Acronis Plugin for Plesk for any webhosting related recovery tasks (accounts, domains, mailboxes, databases, files).

Back