• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question acronis support is beyond bad - what are you using for backups?

thebt

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20
Plesk version and microupdate number
Whenever we have an issue with Acronis backup is seems to take weeks to get anything meaningful in terms of support - we currently have an Acronis backup that keeps getting stuck on a server, 19 days the support ticket has been open for with the backup failing for longer than that

For a product that positions itself as a premium/enterprise product this is a horrific level of support - we get better support from $19 Wordpress plugins on themeforest

We're at the point where we've lost faith in Acronis as we can't be pushing 3 weeks for a support request, curious what your backup solution is for your Plesk boxes?

Hello! Acronis rep here. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please share the support ticket number so that I can look into it?

Always been a fan of JetBackup - interested to see how well it works when it finally comes to Plesk.

They are! It is suppose to be coming after they launched PHP 8 support in v5.3.0 which was last month so I'm optimistic that it will be "soon".

In your Plesk ticket, Plesk is waiting on a reply from Acronis. Sorry for the wait, but we're waiting, too.

Hey dude, still waiting for something meaningful from Acronis support - ticket just seems to be being completely ignored
Just checked again - you should have an update in the ticket already, our engineer is trying to get in touch with you.

Hi all, here is a status update on this case:

First of all: My post dated May 5th may have created the wrong impression that the communication delay is all caused by Acronis. At that time I had checked the ticket myself and in that ticket could only see that no final solution was yet provided. That however was partially caused by an issue here from a support account migration. In addition, initial solution attempts did not work so a more thorough investigation was required. My apologies if my statement above could be misunderstood. Plesk support is working closely with Acronis and after all, our common goal is to solve the reported issue.

With regard to delays Plesk support already reworked the Acronis escalation path to prevent human error of ticket being created incorrectly and ensuring faster processing in the future. Plesk has also updated internal templates to make important aspects of a case more visible and to prevent unnecessary, time consuming tests on solutions we should have known they will fail.

Now for the latest status: Plesk is currently working with Acronis to address the case with priority. @thebt you should have been contacted or will be contacted on it by support staff, the case is being worked on.

Two months later, still no resolution, sitting on my hands waiting for Plesk to talk to Acronis about licenses

Super frustrating and so bad, retail level support for an enterprise backup product

Hi @thebt , thank you for letting us know here. I immediately escalated this and the support team lead is currently checking the status with Acronis.

Back