• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Activation code

E

execubob

We just migrated to a new server and when uploading the SiteBuilder key it is asking for an activation code. we are getting this error message:
There were problems while trying to update your Plesk key. Plesk will continue trying. Details:
Licensing Server Unreachable: Unable to connect with licensing server.
Please make sure that your network allows communication to ka.swsoft.com:5224.
For more details check system help pages.

Thanks for any suggestions.

As I can guess, you are trying to upload SB key via Plesk interface.
Try to upload the key via SB interface.

The license key has been successfully installed but apparently I need an activation code.
I've been working with Plesk support and they still can't seem to figure it out. It keeps asking for an activation code and I've asked support several times about it.
Any suggestions on how I can get an activation code would be appreciated.
thanks !

AS i know, activation key is used to obtain Sitebuilder key if you bought retail Sitebuilder version on CD.

If you already have Sitebuilder license, you don't need an activation key. Just upload SB license on the license management page in SB the interface.

It was purchased thru plesk and they e-mailed the license key. It's DEFINATELY wanting an activation code to enable it.

Originally posted by execubob
It was purchased thru plesk and they e-mailed the license key. It's DEFINATELY wanting an activation code to enable it.
You can install license key through SiteBuilder interface with two ways:
1. Upload license key which you get from sales team.
2. Insert activation code which is assigned to your license key.
Both ways are possible. If you still need activation code you better ask support team. If you didn't get an answer from them, please give me the support ticket number and I will check it.

We had exactly the same issue. Online sales recommended we try the retrieve keys option on Plesk. Of course this didn't work (our plesk/sitebuilder are liscences are also from different sources). They also sent us a new xml key file that will expire in 6 months which we uploaded. So lets hope we don't need to contact them again in 6 months to get a new key. Our old V2 sitebuilder software used to just talk directly to SWSoft I believe and never had key issues.

Back