• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important "Active List" will be discontinued and replaced by "Dynamic List" starting March 2024

You are right, in an internal article I find that WPB is no longer seen on Dynamic List. You can switch to Active List for the time being, but Active List will be retired by the end of March 2024.

@llaehn, please activate WPB and other features for Dynamic List by adding this entry to your panel.ini file:
Code:
[dynamicList]
enableFeatures = webusers, sitebuilder, sitecopy
Plesk has recently introduced Sitejet as a new website builder. Sitejet is clearly superior to WPB. I recommend switching your website to Sitejet even if it means to rebuild it with Sitejet.

please activate WPB and other features for Dynamic List by adding this entry to your panel.ini file:
Code:
[dynamicList]
Plesk has recently introduced Sitejet as a new website builder. Sitejet is clearly superior to WPB. I recommend switching your website to Sitejet even if it means to rebuild it with Sitejet.
thank you peter.
It works.

Code:
[dynamicList]

Are there other features we can show this way? The panel.ini editor has the option "enableFeatures" for dynamiclist, but it doesn't show any possibilities.

I have seen that with other entries in the panel.ini: being able to edit Plesk behaviour is nice ... if you have a list of what to put in there.

Even the Panel.ini Configuration file documentation points to various other documentation page, but there is nowhere a comprehensive list of the possibilities.

regards
Jan

I am not aware of additional options, these are the only ones I have read here internally, too.

I will also jump on the bandwagon for Dynamic list is < Active list. And not just because it is more difficult to use. It also has at least ONE massive bug.

I am not sure what others use it for, but I manage all of my clients sites for them. So I am contstantly logging in to WordPress from the backend. Not only does Dynamic make it HARDER adding extra clicks, but also makes it unuseable since Plesk has had a bug where WP Toolkit will not allow you to login from the admin for half of the websites. Surprised to see that issue was still not fixed actually, but hear we are with it trying to use Dynamic lists...

Hard to explain though, so I made a short video:

(video is how it could be improved as well as the WP login bug that makes dynamic lists 100% unusable for me)

This is a big concern for me also. TY for posting this. I would like to see a thorough clear response from Plesk on this matter.

Images are rendered external
site-jet websites are created external and then posted to my servers, this means the external plesk server has access to the website of my client. I fear the day that server is hacked.

Exactly how many things are collected by plesk extanral and is this gdpr compliant??

Regards
Jan
This is also a big concern. I get the feeling this move by Plesk is a way to push an website builder product which is not why we use Plesk. GDPR and external access massive headache. Need reassurance on this.

Today Plesk has announced that the "Active List" will be discontinued and replaced by "Dynamic List" starting March 2024. You already know "Dynamic List" and it is already the default on many Plesk installations.

We have prepared an interesting comparison between these two user interface views for you here:

If you are among the few who still prefer Active List, this thread is for you: After going through the above article, please let us know what you'd like to see in Dynamic List that it can become your favorite new user interface view. Simply post and discuss your ideas in this thread.
Others on here have raised some significant concerns - being locked out of WP sites because logon to WP via backend is bust; toolkit fail; security & privacy issues of SiteJet (which wasn't requested); persistent JSON and PHPmail issues that are clogging up error logs. Want to thank Michael Pratt for his illuminating video and endorse those concerns 100%.

Oh, and I gave up with the online flower shop test. It didnt allow WP install so I am assuming this was a sales pitch for SiteJet rather than an actual test - and also the process implied in the test is nothing like ours so gave up on the test on the 2nd screen.

I would have been willing to try Dynamic List, but it's a one way street - you can't revert to Active if it doesn't work. That's a massive problem as if the WP backend logon doesn't work, you could be locked out of site or unable to rectify a plug in crash - which just happened. Not good. please address this.

This is also a big concern. I get the feeling this move by Plesk is a way to push an website builder product which is not why we use Plesk. GDPR and external access massive headache. Need reassurance on this.
The external image rendering does nothing else than what an Internet user does: It surfs the homepage of the website. If you make content available to the Internet, what issue do you see with GDPR by an image rendering service that visits the site and shoots a picture? Anyone can do the same, there is absolutely no privacy issue with that.

Last edited:
This is a big concern for me also. TY for posting this. I would like to see a thorough clear response from Plesk on this matter.
What "clear response" do you expect? We've been perfectly clear that Active List will retired by March 31st, 2024. We've had several surveys this year on Dynamic List, over and over asking users to give their opinion, on icon placements, colors, columns, content etc. All the feedback has been reviewed, carefully evaluated and eventually found its way into Dynamic List. We've also seen that users that are used to Active List prefer Active List, new users however strongly prefer Dynamic List. It could mean that holding on to Active List is mostly a result of being used to it.

Others on here have raised some significant concerns - being locked out of WP sites because logon to WP via backend is bust; toolkit fail;
This is an issue in the Elementor Pro plugin, and it has been proven that it is an issue caused by that, not by Plesk. We also have a workaround for it:
File: elementor-pro/core/editor/editor.php
Go To Line 118 and Change ${package} to {$package}.
${package} is deprecated.

Security & privacy issues of SiteJet (which wasn't requested);
There are neither security, nor privacy issues. If you don't like it, you can disable it. Should security or privacy issues be found, they'll be fixed very quickly.

Persistent JSON and PHPmail issues that are clogging up error logs.
You do realize that PHPMail is a script package not developed by Plesk, do you?

Oh, and I gave up with the online flower shop test. It didnt allow WP install so I am assuming this was a sales pitch for SiteJet rather than an actual test - and also the process implied in the test is nothing like ours so gave up on the test on the 2nd screen.
Sorry to hear that, but installing Wordpress in the Plesk environment is merely a few button clicks. If you have a somewhat correct, ordinary installation of your operating system and Plesk, it works like a charm. If you believe, you have found a bug, please report it here: Issue Report | Plesk Forum. If you require assistance with Plesk related tasks, please open a support ticket at https://support.plesk.com

The externaö image rendering does nothing else than what an Internet user does: It surfs the homepage of the website.

And by doing this it uses bandwidth and resources a regular internet user can't use.

If you have access to Plesk, then you have the right to control and/or change the configuration of a website, so you probably are the owner or the webmaster of that website. Webmasters and owners KNOW what there website looks like, they don't need a screenshot to remember them.

regards
Jan

And by doing this it uses bandwidth and resources a regular internet user can't use.
How is that possible? It opens your website once, and this shall cause a problem for your website? Come one, you are trying to create an unrealistic point just for the reason to complain about it. The service visits the website just as everybody else. It does not use more bandwith, and a one-time visit shouldn't be of any concern.

If you have access to Plesk, then you have the right to control and/or change the configuration of a website, so you probably are the owner or the webmaster of that website. Webmasters and owners KNOW what there website looks like, they don't need a screenshot to remember them.
You can remove or replace the screenshot service URL in panel.ini to disable the feature.
Code:
[screenshotService]
url=""
Afterwards,
service sw-engine restart && service sw-cp-server restart

How is that possible? It opens your website once, and this shall cause a problem for your website?

And so does googlebot, bingbot, duckduckbot, applebot, yandex, etc... etc... and a lot of tig other crawlers. http can have X amount of open servers but in reality there are X minus all the crawlers available for real users. It is not the plesk crawler that is the problem. It is yet another crawler that is the problem. And this one doesn't even have a goal like having a website being found on the internet.

You can remove or replace the screenshot service URL in panel.ini to disable the feature.
Code:
[screenshotService]
url=""

Will this stop the crawler from visiting my servers, or only "hide" the image?

regards
Jan

Back