• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Add a slave dns server

M

Michael Andrews

We have a secondary server that I want to host dns on. It doesn't have plesk. Is there any way that I can tell plesk to add dns to two servers? I.e. 10.1.1.5 and 10.1.1.6 (their internal ips).

No offense, but I wouldn't have posted on here if I could have been able to find some instructions on what I'm trying to do in your user guide. There's nothing that I can find in there about how to set up plesk to push out it's dns entries to two different servers. The second not having plesk installed. Is this possible?

Any thoughts on this. I really need this set up.

If you purchase 2 licenses of SimpleDNS Plus it has a "Super Master/Slave" configuration that accomplishes this. The second server will automatically hold any domains that appear on the master. Any other way would involve crontab and scripts. This isn't a cheap solution but it works and is worth the time it saves.

Well this is windows so we don't have CRON. I guess I'll have to write some batch files and schedule them. I really can't believe that plesk has no way to push out dns to a secondary server. Maybe I should have stuck with hosting controller.

Back