• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Add existing MailEnable mailbox to plesk configuration

M_N

Basic Pleskian
Plesk Windows 12, MailEnable mailserver

I added users directly to mailenable (using their migration utility to import from an old mail server which plesk does not support). The domains exist in plesk but not the individual email users/mailboxes.

Now I want to add those email users to plesk but it doesn't let (not surprisingly), when I try to add a user it returns an error: "Unable to update the mail account properties:mailmng failed: MEAOPO.Mailbox.AddMailbox failed"

My question is: How can I add the users that already exist in MailEnable to the plesk configuration? (i.e. ignore the error and add the user to the plesk database, or even better yet if plesk can read the configuration and add all users)

(the plesk kb articles suggest running mchk.exe but that is designed to take users from plesk and add them to mailenable, I need the reverse).

TY

Why not backup all the mailboxes and all there data.
Then delete them, use plesk to create the respective mailboxes and paste back the email content ...(This theory works with Linux but I haven't tried it with Windows)

That would be hours of work for a couple of hundred email addresses (with lots of potential for errors) for what could be easily automated by a script.

I'm hoping parallels has a tool for this so I can avoid all that manual work.

There is no tool.

For future reference, create accounts in Plesk first.

You could however try this.

Perform a complete backup of MailEnable.
Perform a backup of Plesk.
Export a list of all accounts (user & password configuration)
Within Plesk, install another/additional mail server and choose it as the default.
Batch create all email accounts with command line utility http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-win-cli/index.htm?fileName=25742.htm
Plesk will create the account in the new mail server and store the account details in Plesk's database.
Because the accounts do not already exist in the new mailserver it will bypass the duplicate/existing mailbox error.
Switch back to MailEnable as the default mail server and Plesk will then know which accounts should exist.
You can then uninstal the temporary mail server.

Back