• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Add FTP account not available

wvanderzee

New Pleskian
My web hosting uses Plesk (web host edition). I need to create an additional FTP account, but the web interface doesn't offer this option, see screenshot. Any suggestions?

I read the instructions here: Adding FTP Accounts. But the option FTP access is not avaible. My web hoster doesn't offer support on this issue, so I hope someone here can help me out.

P.S. I'm not tech savy and not familiar with cli :).

Attachments

• leaseweb-add-ftp-account.png
    leaseweb-add-ftp-account.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi wvanderzee,

pls. check your corresponding service plan ( => HOME > Service Plan > YOUR-SERVICE-PLAN-NAME ) for any possible restriction and make sure, that you are not using a "custom view" in your settings, which might hide possible items ( => Home > Tools & Settings > Interface Management ).

Mmm, I don't have something like that. My Plesk web interface is like this, see screenshot. No Tools & Settings option in the menu.

Attachments

• leaseweb-plesk-dashboard.png
    leaseweb-plesk-dashboard.png
    344.9 KB · Views: 3
Hi wvanderzee,

so you choosed the "Power User view" at your Plesk Control Panel and this indicates, that you missed to configure the "custom view settings" for that view, which can hide several menues and entries. ;)

Pls. login over SSH to your server ( a great, free software is "PuTTY" => Download PuTTY: latest release (0.69) ) as user "root" and use the following command to disable the "Power User view":

Code:
plesk bin poweruser --off

Unfortunately that's not the case :(. This is the Plesk Control Panel my web hoster has offered me. I didn't install/configure it myself. It seems there's no option for me to configure any custom view settings. The weird thing is that my web hoster don't offer any support on creating an extra FTP account. Which is the reason I'm stuck.

Is it still possible to add an FTP account :)?

Hi wvanderzee,

if you purchased the "Web Host Edition", as stated before, then just follow my above suggestion, so that you are able to use the "Service Provider view", because you switch of the "Power User view" with the above mentioned command. ;)

I didn't purchased Plesk :D. I have my website on a shared hosting platform, and this Plesk is pre installed by the web hosting company. Sorry for the confusion...

Hi wvanderzee,

well, in this case, you are a "customer" with a defined subscription plan from your hoster and you should get in contact with your hoster, if you desire additional FTP - Accounts. ;)

Yep, and that's what I did. And they didn't want to give support on this issue. But, I'll give it another try. Thanks for your time!

Back