1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

add ip addresses - bulk - how?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by madsere, Jun 19, 2005.

1. madsere

madsere Regular Pleskian

57%
    So I'm sitting here with a new Plesk server and a class-C subnet to add ....

How?

You're not seriously expecting me to add each IP, 3 digits at the time in the GUI? Someone surely must have made provisions to add IP addresses in bulk from a file, right?

2. madsere

madsere Regular Pleskian

57%
    6 views and no reply after a week. Does that mean it's not possible or nobody knows?

3. smerkel

smerkel Guest

Hello:

The easiest way to do this is to add them within the OS, and then have PSA re-read the configuration. I had a script at one time that did this on Fedora installations, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find it.

At any rate, here is an example for Redhat/Fedora based installations:

- For every IP you want to add, create an aliased interface file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. Here are two example files:

#
    # /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:0
    #
    DEVICE=eth0:0
    BOOTPROTO=static
    IPADDR=192.168.10.8
    NETMASK=255.255.255.255
    ONBOOT=yes

#
    # /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1
    #
    DEVICE=eth0:1
    BOOTPROTO=static
    IPADDR=192.168.10.9
    NETMASK=255.255.255.255
    ONBOOT=yes

- Bring both interfaces up. (ifup eth0:0 && ifup eth0:1)

- Once both interfaces are up, click on the following within PSA.
    Server -> IP Addresses -> Reread IP.

This brings all active interfaces into the PSA UI and database as exclusive IP's.

There are shortcuts that you can take with Fedora/Redhat ifcfg-<interface> files, such as defining a range of IP's to bind in a single file. However, PSA doesn't like this (or at least it didn't last time I checked), so it is advisable to use a single file per IP alias.

I hope this is useful to you.

Regards,

Steve

4. madsere

madsere Regular Pleskian

57%
    OMG, that simple :) ... that's how I always did it with Ensim. Dunno why I didn't think of trying that with Plesk ... Thanks!

5. smerkel

smerkel Guest

Anytime - :cool:

Regards,

Steve