• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

add ip addresses - bulk - how?

madsere

Regular Pleskian
So I'm sitting here with a new Plesk server and a class-C subnet to add ....

How?

You're not seriously expecting me to add each IP, 3 digits at the time in the GUI? Someone surely must have made provisions to add IP addresses in bulk from a file, right?

Hello:

The easiest way to do this is to add them within the OS, and then have PSA re-read the configuration. I had a script at one time that did this on Fedora installations, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find it.

At any rate, here is an example for Redhat/Fedora based installations:

- For every IP you want to add, create an aliased interface file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. Here are two example files:

#
# /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:0
#
DEVICE=eth0:0
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.10.8
NETMASK=255.255.255.255
ONBOOT=yes

#
# /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1
#
DEVICE=eth0:1
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.10.9
NETMASK=255.255.255.255
ONBOOT=yes

- Bring both interfaces up. (ifup eth0:0 && ifup eth0:1)

- Once both interfaces are up, click on the following within PSA.
Server -> IP Addresses -> Reread IP.

This brings all active interfaces into the PSA UI and database as exclusive IP's.

There are shortcuts that you can take with Fedora/Redhat ifcfg-<interface> files, such as defining a range of IP's to bind in a single file. However, PSA doesn't like this (or at least it didn't last time I checked), so it is advisable to use a single file per IP alias.

I hope this is useful to you.

Regards,

Steve

OMG, that simple :) ... that's how I always did it with Ensim. Dunno why I didn't think of trying that with Plesk ... Thanks!

Back