• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved after migration - move the ip to the new server

Goodfred

Basic Pleskian
Hello again! :)

Now I have migrated the complete data from the old server to the new server with the migration-manager.

The old server has an IP adress "used shared" with 1 reseller and 98 websites.
The new server has another IP adress "used shared" with 1 reseller and 98 websites.

I want that the new server has the IP address from the old server. But I cant change it.

Maybe you have some good tipps/ideas! :)

I tried to change the IP address on ubuntu server 20.04. It didnt change the ip address on the new server. It added the "changed" ip address to the server. (so finaly there was 2 ip addresses)
The problem here is that I cant move the reseller/the websites to the new ip address.
If you can tell me how to do that the issue would be solved.

When I click in to the "reseller" site and into the reseller, on the right side downside is the option "ip addresses"
But I didnt find an option to change the websites/the reseller to the new ip adress.

I hope someone in here can help me! :)

Btw. - I cant delete the old ip address (when there are 2) while reseller/websites are used on the ip address.
When I click on "repair ip address" (after I added the new) - Plesk will set that 2 ip addresses are used on the same time.

Thank you for answers!
Goodfred

Hello again! :)

I found the option to change the ip address in subscriptions.

And I found this:

In the link is an option to change several subscriptions ips with 1 command. (and not 98 subscriptions manualy)

I will try the manual and the automatic change of ip addresses from subscriptions and I hope the ip of the reseller is changed, too.

If you have tipps/informations anyway, thank you! :)

Goodfred

Now - finaly I fixed it myself!

1. add the new ip address
2. add the reseller to the new ip address
3. manualy for each subscription or (as I did) change all subscriptions with "for i in $(plesk bin subscription -l); do plesk bin subscription -u "$i" -ip <ip_address>; done"
4. remove the reseller on the old ip address
5. change the primary ip address on ubuntu server (with netplan. I deleted the 01-Plesk file and changed the ip address in the 00-file to the new one)
6. remove now the old ip address in Plesk (no reseller, no subscription and it is not the default network adapter on the operating system)

I did not find a solution in the web. I hope I can help someone with this! If yes, feel free to post here! :)

Finaly - its solved! Thank you for reading!
Goodfred

Back