• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question add IP Addresses to the Firewall module in bulk using import and export function?

nikketrikke

Basic Pleskian
Hello
iI need to add ip address for cdn to be whitelisted on firewall
so
I created a rule for cdn ip list with 2 enters on firewall... then exported via json the firewall rules and named file (original to have as backup)...then using a text editor like Notepad++ I search where the 2 addresses listed are and simply put one by one comma separated all the address i need to whitelist...saved json file
then imported again the modified file (json) into firewall and seems all rules are a their position loaded correctly
Possible so simple????
How can i check if that addresses are correctly whitelisted? there is a shh command to view

iptables -L INPUT -v -n | less

i tried and some addresses are listed not the ip6 exadecimal address
thanks

If you want to list all IPv6 rules you have to use the ip6tables utility instead. For example: ip6tables -L INPUT -v -n | less

Also, on a side note, manually exporting, editing and importing firewall rules seems kinda time consuming, There are CLI command to manage firewall rules too. Which might be an easier way to bulk add IP address to rules. More info can be found here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rules-using-Plesk-Firewall-in-Plesk-for-Linux

Back