• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question add module to Nginx

Seba

Basic Pleskian
I'm testing some improvements on a AWS EC2 test server and the project require that I install Nginx from scratch and add the module. here the software in question:

Compilation & Installation — MapServer 7.2.2 documentation

I don't really like the idea as I think would be unmanageable on a Plesk system, there is a way to add modules in the Nginx version of Plesk?

I came across on this comment in the mapcache github repo but again, it talking about Supervisor, is that option available in Plesk?

More trouble building Mapserver/mapcache against Nginx · Issue #155 · mapserver/mapcache

i saw that post but i wasn't sure about it. basically even if I setup Nginx from source like in the post I would be able to use in all websites?
I don't have a lot of website in this 2 servers but yet I would like to have nginx in all those websites.

Yes, you will compile nginx with necessary modules and be able to use it for all your sites.

You will just replace default nginx binaries with your compiled. All configs remains the same. Settings for your module can be defined in "Additional nginx directives" or directly in your vhost config file or in server-wide nginx config file.

Back