• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Add new certificate to all virtual hosts

jorfermo

Regular Pleskian
Hello

I installed a new certificate, made it default, assigned it to the shared ip address and made the plesk panel use it.

The problem is we have 200 virtual hosts using the old certificate. Is there a way to reconfigure all those domains easily?

Thanks!

Use something like

# /usr/local/psa/bin/domain -u domain.com -certificate-name <SSL certificate name>

Or for all domains:

# for i in `mysql -uadmin -p\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` psa -Ns -e "select name from domains"`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/domain -u $i -certificate-name <SSL certificate name>; done

Thanks for the answer Igor

I get the message "Unable to find certificate" and I'm using the name of the new one. How can I get the right name of the certificate?

The weird thing is it works for some domains...

For getting correct names of certificates try to use

# /usr/local/psa/bin/certificate -l

More details in /usr/local/psa/bin/certificate --help

So I'm using the right name and it doesnt work:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/certificate -l -admin
CSR Priv Cert CA Name Used
N Y Y Y Asterisco 2012
N Y Y Y Asterisco2
N Y Y Y Asterisco2013

Listing of SSL certificates repository was successful

# for i in `mysql -uadmin -p\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` psa -Ns -e "select name from domains"`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/domain -u $i -certificate-name Asterisco2013; done
Unable to find certificate

It is correct behaviour. You can't assign admin's certificate on customer's domain. Utility can't find certificate in domain's repository.

No they are not. Admin has no domains.

We've always had an * certificate for all the domains and the plesk admin site. Why that limitation? Why can't we use the same SSL certificate for all domains?

Do you have this certificate in output of command

# /usr/local/psa/bin/certificate -l -domain domain.com

?

I'm having similar issues and have tried many times `plesk bin domain -u example.api.engrain.io -certificate-name '*.api.engrain.io'` yet plesk cannot find the certificate. The domain is an admin owned domain.

Running `plesk bin certificate -l -admin` returns:

CSR Priv Cert CA Name Used
Y Y Y Y *.api.engrain.io
N Y Y N default certificate

Back