• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Add New Hard Disk to Plesk

junglecom

New Pleskian
Hi all,

Is it possible to expand Plesk`s storage capacity by adding a second hard drive?

I cannot find instructions on how to do this. Anyone know?

You can use usual linux method for adding additional HDD. You can use it with /var/www/vhosts mountpoint, for example.

I have the harddisk /dev/sdb1 mounted to /backup directory for now.

How would I do what you mentioned? Not quite sure how I would use it with /var/www/vhosts ?
Can you provide a bit more details? Thanks!

Also, If I mount a second HDD to /var/www/vhosts what happens to the files that already exist there? Are they deleted?

That link is pretty old. Could you try to answer my questions please. I am really stuck on this and there isnt much information on this on the web. Thank you very much for your help

Thanks. I know how to add a hard drive. Where I am stuck is how to add a HDD to expand Plesk storage capacity.

Mounting a new HDD to the /var/www/vhosts director will not expand the storage capacity. It will make the existing data inaccessible and I will not be able to use the space on the system HDD.

There has to be a way to do this.

Just add disk and wait when daily maintenance script recalculate statistics or run it manually (you can find how to do it in KB or on forum). After that you will see new capacity.

Add the disk to where? /var/www/vhosts ? If I add a disk to /var/www/vhosts the existing data will become inaccessible.

Look at this utility:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/transvhosts.pl --help

Utility to transfer vhosts content from HTTPD_VHOSTS_D directory to new place.

Usage:
--dest-dir <path> Destination path. Path to new vhosts directory.
Example: /path/to/new/vhosts.
If directory does not exist it will be created.

--correct-scripts Changes user scripts.
Old vhost path is replaced to new path in content of all files.

Back