• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Add subdomain to forwarding root domain

psx01de

New Pleskian
Hi,

I want to add a subdomain foo.bar.com to a master domain bar.com in the subscription bar.com. Normally this works but if I set the hosting type of the master domain to forward, I cannot add subdomains anymore. If I have already added a subdomain, I cannot change the hosting type of the master domain. Also it is not possible to add a second domain to the subscription anymore.

Best regards,
Patrick

And? It is correct behaviour. Imagine if main domain has forwarding hosting type, what should do his subdomain? Serve forwarding too? Where to? Serve own hosting? How if main domain has other hosting type?

But all that is possible if you add a second domain to the subscription. Why it should not be possible to forward the root domain and host an subdomain??? I would not say, this is an correct behaviour but an bug...

Hello Patrick,

it's just an architectural zest - main site on subscription must have hosting type "website" to host additional sites. You can simply work around it if creating subdomain as a "site in separate webspace".

Create a DNS record sub.domain.com in the zone for domain.com, then create a new hosting account for the domain sub.domain.com.

On "Website & domain" tab press "Add new domain" button and select "in separate webspace" radio box. the domain will created as separate webspace, and after that you will be able to set hosting type "forwarding" for this domain.
After that make sure it's resolved correctly via DNS and adjust DNS settings if necessary.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 08.46.43.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 08.46.43.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 5
Back