1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

add subdomain when new domain is added

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by joshates11, May 28, 2007.

1. joshates11

joshates11 Guest

I would like to preface with the following information.

We have a domain call host.com
    We add the domain client-001.com

Question:
    We want to automatically create a server alias for client-001.com so that it can be accessed with client-001.host.com. Currently I doing this by SSHing into the box and adding it to the configuration file in the in the appropriate vhost/<client-name>/conf/ file.

I saw that I can create a vhost.conf file in the same directory which allows me to only have to do it once after the domain is created. I would rather it to whatever file is used to generate the conf file initially for all domains and not have to do it again.

Is this automation possible? If so can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks