• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Added new IP to Plesk 11. Doesn't show up in new customer/subscription creation

hariskhan

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I'v added one new IP to plesk 11. I added it as "Dedicated".

I did this, so I could assign it to a domain, for which I need to install SSL Certificate.

When I try to add;

(1) new customer
(2) new subscription

I don't see that IP listed, AS per plesk 11's (PDF) documentation.

Please! help

When you go to Tools&Settings > IP Addresses do you see this address with columns Resellers = 0 and Sites = 0?

i have this problem also, and yes, the address does show up in tools&settings->ip addresses with 0 and 0 listed.

only shared ip addresses are listed in subcription options, dedicated ones are not.

simple to reproduce, just add a dedicated ip using tools&settings->ip addresses then try to assign that new ip to a subscription.

the addresses show up OK in psa database table IP_Addresses, but some weirdness exists in ip_pool table:

mysql> select * from ip_pool limit 5;
+----+---------------+-----------+
| id | ip_address_id | type |
| 1 | 1 | exclusive |
| 1 | 3 | shared |
| 1 | 5 | exclusive |
| 7 | 3 | shared |
| 15 | 3 | shared |

looks like all 3 ip addresses have id 1, shouldn't this be unique? (ip_address_id 5 is the dedicated one in this case)

mysql> describe ip_pool;
+---------------+----------------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+---------------+----------------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id | int(10) unsigned | NO | PRI | NULL | auto_increment |
| ip_address_id | int(10) unsigned | NO | PRI | NULL | |
| type | enum('shared','exclusive') | YES | | NULL | |

removing/readding has no effect.

can this be looked into please?

regards

I cannot reproduce the issue on Plesk 11.0.9

looks like all 3 ip addresses have id 1, shouldn't this be unique? (ip_address_id 5 is the dedicated one in this case)
It shouldn't. Table ip_pool has multiple primary key (id, ip_address_id) - the pair should be unique.

Rows with ip_pool.id = 1 are expected to belong to admin. As you see, new dedicated ip is included in admin's pool. So, admin should be able to assign the address to any subscription.
Rows with ip_pool.id <> 1 are owned by reseller and reseller service plans.

if you set your ip_pool table to match mine above, do you get the issue?

it's a real problem for me at the moment

Here is mine:

mysql> select * from ip_pool;
| id | ip_address_id | type |
| 1 | 1 | shared |
| 1 | 2 | shared |
| 1 | 3 | exclusive |
| 2 | 1 | shared |
| 2 | 2 | shared |

Nothing suspicious.
Propose to contact Parallels Support for assistance.

I have a pool of dedicated ip addresses for new subscriptions, but when I try to add new subscriptions, I don't see any of the available ips. As a work around, I set one of the ips to shared which allowed me to ad the subscription I needed. Has anybody been able to fix this problem?

Back