• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Adding a Domain which resolves to another IP Address breaks Plesk 7.54

B

boomerang

Hi,

I'm running Plesk 7.5.4 on a brand new Windows 2003 Web Edition server and have encountered this problem 3 times, and each time I have had to re-image the server to make Plesk usable again.

The problem is this:

If I add a new domain name which resolves to another IP Address, Plesk displays a warning message and continues to register the domain. From this point on, every new domain I add are inaccessible and any domains I try to remove cannot be deleted and return an error. Something fundamental in the process breaks.

From my trouble-shooting it seems that registering the new domain which already resolves to another IP is the root cause of the problem.

An example error message by Plesk:
"Unable to remove domains: Problems occured while removing domains: Unable to turn the domain OFF: domainmng failed: Run-time error: Execute usermng access off failed: Unhandled exception."

I have applied all of the patches and hot fixes for Plesk - does not fix the issue.

I have performed a Plesk Check & Repair - does not fix the issue.

I have used the Plesk binary to restore all domain settings:

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all

Nothing works!

This is a fundamental problem - can anyone help?

Back