• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Adding an incoming relay

mparadis

Regular Pleskian
Under Server and Server-wide mail preferences, and WhiteList, I've added a spam server which is pre-processing mail before it gets to plesk.

I'm used to adding this in tcp.smtp but I don't see any such file for CentOS so wondered if there is anything else I need to do?

The spam server is at 192.168.1.60 so I wondered about the following in the maillog.

Sep 5 22:46:48 psa relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from 192.168.1.60:49698 (not defined)

Is this ok or is it a problem?

Mike

quite meaningless?? I doubt it. We also see those messages, and have a customer complaining they cannot receive mail from that party. The IP address thus is valid, and the sender is known. No spam in this case. Even though I whitelisted the IP address mail is still being blocked.

It is not meaningless thus as you claim it to be. It is quite annoying, cause I have no idea how to get rid of it.

thanks, Patrick

You may have a problem with receiving mail, but I'm quite sure that the relaylock message is not the problem. Everyone sees these messages in their logs.

Back