• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Adding and removing websites/aliases etc can it be improved?

NateWon

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to better the methodology of the system when modifying website configuration, currently if I remove a site or alias for example the services restart causing client connection issues - is there any way to avoid this?

There are no such issues.

Thanks for the reply, this refers to some issues, its not something I've experienced with Apache, but wondering whether this is of concern.

Because Apache graceful restart is unstable and can crash Apache or cause issues, it is recommended to increase Apache Restart Interval in Plesk at Tools & Settings > Apache Web Server. In this case, if you set Apache restart interval to 1800 (30 min), new settings will be applied after 30 minutes.

Is your recommendation to set the graceful restart and you have had no issues with this?

My recommendation is to use graceful restarts whenever and wherever possible. This is an important setting, because else, on each reconfiguration all Apache instances will briefly stop until Apache is restarted, interrupting web server operations for a short time.

The "issues" the article means is probably parallel reloads/restarts of Apache. When you reload the web server configuration while another reload process is already ongoing, Apache can fail and needs to be restarted manually. With a restart interval that is longer than the time an Apache reload/restart needs this is unlikely to happen. It still happens on some occasions, but for these rare moments, you have a script like the Plesk built-in watchdog that can restart Apache automatically, or a home-made script that checks the Apache status more frequently. The later is what we do here, every 10 seconds, but this is entirely up to you and needs some programming.

Back