• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Adding Joomla 2.5.4 to Plesk Errors

T

tiffanyh

After upload on entering Joomla via Plesk - the website - Admin Interface - on attempting to change the global configuration, I receive the following error

JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING
Could not save data. Error: Could not write to the configuration file

After reading up on this I changed The settings for the site from 'PHP Support 'Run as Apache Mode' to 'Run as FastCGI Application'.

After doing this I could successfully configure Global Configuration 'back end'.

However, by enabling 'Run as Apache Application' I was unable to add any extenstions using the extensions manager.

On reverting back to 'Run as Apache Mode' I was able to add extensions. But with the error message

I have installed Joomla 2.5.4 from Application Catalogue to domain on Plesk 10.4.4 MU#28 and tried to switch PHP mode from fastCGI to Apache module and back. And I can't reproduce issue described by you. All works fine for me. Do you have any customizations on your Plesk? How Joomla was installed?

Thank Your for fast reply. I installed Joomla 2.5.4 via Plesk installation. On entering Joomla, could not configure global configuration until I had changed to FastGCI and then could not install Joomla Extensions with FastGCI so had to revert back to Apache module. But with the error message as described above. I logged in via Admin Interface using same login details as with Plesk Panel, one click and I was in back end of Joomla. I have worked with Joomla for 2 years using a shared host but have hit these problems since taking my own virtual server? Not a clue what I can do. Your help would be appreciated.

Back