• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Adding language packs

bobiemac

New Pleskian
We just installed a new Windows 2008 r2 server with Plesk v 11.0.9. We need to install the French Language pack, but can not find how to do it. nothing in the knowledge base on this. I tried the look in the add/removing components, but it is not there.

Is there a command line program to install language packs?

Regards,
Robert

All language packs are included in Plesk 10.x and 11.x - there is no need to "install" them. To turn it on, just go to Tools & Settings -> Languages. Here, you can just select the French language and enable it.

Note that you do need additional language packs to be turned on in your license first to use them though. To have this done, just contact whoever you purchased your Plesk license from.

Last edited:
Hi,

When I go there, the only choice is English. I see no place to add any languages. That is why I was looking for a way to install the language packs.

The license I have provides for 2 languages to be used.

Regards,
Robert

I can assume only that other languages have been removed somehow from psa.locales table:

mysql> select * from locales;
+-------+--------+
| id | active |
+-------+--------+
| de-DE | true |
| en-US | true |
| es-ES | true |
| fr-FR | true |
| it-IT | true |
| ja-JP | true |
| ko-KR | true |
| nl-NL | true |
| pl-PL | true |
| pt-BR | true |
| ru-RU | true |
| zh-CN | true |
| zh-TW | true |
+-------+--------+

I just had the same problem an an Ubuntu system with Plesk 11.5.30. After adding the table row for de-DE in locales I was able to switch to german. But why is that so? Everything right with the installation? Or just a Plesk bug because Plesk developers forgot to add the languages to the table?

I did face this issue, after investigation i found that the license which was assigned was having only two languages support. So needed to reissue it with other languages.

In my case, there was also just the two languages license. But then you should nervertheless be able to select one the two languages and not just English.

Back