• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Adding lines to postfix configuration db's

Olray

Basic Pleskian
I badly need to add a few lines to the Postfix transport.db which is located inside
/var/spool/postfix/plesk
However, this file seems to be auto-generated by Plesk to provide Mailman services. For every mailing list an entry in transport.db is created like "mailinglist-address.yourdomain.com mailman:"

I would like to forward a single email-addy to the Microsoft 365 Exchange server. The necessary entry looks somewhat similar:
[email protected] smtp:exchange.office.microsoft.com

In case it's not possible to add custom entries to transport, the customer needs to move about 15 "standard" mail accounts to Microsoft's servers (15*€ 4.20=€63 service fee a month)

Solution attempts:
1)

I have created the necessary transport.db by issuing the following command:
/etc/init.d/postfix stop && postmap transport && md5sum transport.db > transport.db.md5 && /etc/init.d/postfix start
I'm currently monitoring changes of the file with the command
cd /var/spool/postfix/plesk && md5sum -c transport.db.md5
2)
Checked the Plesk database for any way to add extra lines to the generated transport files.

I think that "Hosted Exchange" is a very important and growing back office neccesity and any solution to that problem is beneficial to all users, resellers, and ISP's.

Back