• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Adding mail account to a device takes forever!?

carlsson

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.58 Update #2
I have created an email account on my Plesk, and I can login to the webmail and see the imported emails there with no problems.

However, if I try to add an email account to a device at this point it takes a very long time and eventually I get an "unknown user and/or password" or "Can't connect with SSL" error.

Normally I add the accounts to the devices before I point the MX record to the new mail server and I can't recollect that this has been an issue with my previous mail server moves.

I suspect that this has to do with SSL and/or autodiscover, so I turned the "SSL/TLS certificate for mail" off for this domain, and I also have autodiscover off. Didn't help.

What's the issue, and how can I add accounts before actually changing the MX record?

The MX record has nothing to do with it. You only need to know the hostname, username, password. If you cannot connect, chances are that either a port is blocked on your server or on your device or that the name resolution is not setup correctly. For example are you sure that all your A records are pointing to the right server? Do you happen to also have an AAAA record? Does it point to the correct server, too, and are both, IPv4 and IPv6 accessible on your server?

Back