• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Adding mail SSL to domain with cloudflare SSL

|Rann

New Pleskian
Goodday!

I've got a question about adding a SSL to my mail settings.

I'm using Cloudflare to supply a SSL certificate, and I have all the DNS settings there.

I'd like to also add an SSL/TLS certificate for mail for my domains in plesk. As currently I can't secure my mail.

It seems I cant generate a LetsEncrypt certificate, due to the DNS settings (the txt validation) being applied locally, I could manually add the TXT record to Cloudflare, but I'd rather not do that each month ;-) Is there an other solution to add a certificate to my mail? Whilst still using Cloudfllare, and preferablly, auto-renewed? ;-)

You've got 4 questions there. :)

I'm using Cloudflare to supply a SSL certificate
Add it to your domain "Manually" through advanced settings in SSLit.
I'd like to also add an SSL/TLS certificate for mail for my domains in Plesk. As currently, I can't secure my mail
You need to issue a wildcard *.cert. or a standalone certificate for mail.domain.tld and set that on domain mail settings.
It seems I cant generate a LetsEncrypt certificate, due to the DNS settings
You can, If it's wildcard certificate add the TXT record to Cloudflare and wait for 30s then click reload.
but I'd rather not do that each month
Every 90 or 80 days.

Side Note: It's going to be hard for the community to answer questions without a clear explanation of what needed, I mean exactly.

Thanks for replying Hextrator!

Thought I was clear enough with my question, but I guess I wasn't compltetly.

I was just sketching the setup I'm currently using, and everything works, but refreshing the SSL every month is not a good way to do ;-) This is the only question I have basically: How can I add SSL to my mail, without refreshing the certificate each month manually.

Or maybe I should change something in the setup i'm using..
Wish there was a 'use DNS of cloudflare' link between Plesk/Cloudflare, that would solve all ;)

Back