• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Adding subdomain Error: DNS record already exists.

gotah

New Pleskian
Hello Everyone!

I recently updated to plesk 12.5 (centos 7), and seems be I'm now unable to add some type of subdomains,
I already followed this KB: http://kb.odin.com/en/1365 but I don't have any entry in the DNS before traying to add the subdomain

lets say I have domain.tld and I want add a subdomain called test.domain.tld, so I enter into Subscription panel and I click add Subdomain, I insert test and when I press OK, plesk return to the subscription page with the error: Error: DNS record already exists. checking the DNS entry, I can found plesk successfully added an A record to test.domain.tld (not existing before)

/var/log/plesk/panel.log
Code:
[2015-11-24 17:06:30] ERR [panel] DNS record already exists.
[2015-11-24 17:10:10] ERR [1] DNS record already exists.

So i cancel the DNS record (not only from the panel but also directly into db) and try again, and I have the same problem, I tried many names not just "test". and many domains, I have this problem everywhere. the only thing works, is if I use the wildcard * as a subdomain, in this case is successfully added (??!!).

so basically I'm unable to add new subdomains...

any idea ?

Have you tried solution from this KB article?

# plesk repair db

also may be useful.

Hi IgorG

thanks for your suggestion, I just tried
Code:
Checking the Plesk database using the native database server tools .. [OK]
Checking the structure of the Plesk database ........................ [OK]
Checking the consistency of the Plesk database ...................... [OK]
Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

but everything seems ok. any other ideas ?

in the meantime I added the subdomain as a new domain and it worked, but I'm still unable to add subdomains in any of my subscriptions

Dear Igor, yes I tried the repair tool mentioned in the KB article,
as pasted above, is not working

There are really inconsistency in database of directly in dns zone files. I'd suggest you contact Odin Support Team for deep investigation and fix directly on your server.

Hi,

I still have this problem, on almost all domains.
these without a DNS master zone too...

Back